Overview of the Submission and Review Process
The following is a brief overview of the submission and review process for the manuscripts sent to JPST, along with links to the relevant instructions.
- Prepare manuscript text in Microsoft Word or open office.
- Prepare figures as publication-quality TIFF, JPG, PNG, EPS or PDF files (minimum resolution of 300 dpi) as embedded into the MS Word manuscript with their captions.
- Prepare tables, not as image files, and embedded into the manuscript with their captions.
- Prepare any supplemental data files.
- Prepare a cover letter.
- Submit the manuscript file, any supplemental data files, and the cover letter at the Submit Manuscript menu.
- Reviewers will recommend whether the manuscript should be accepted, revised, or declined.
- Manuscripts may be declined without a full review if they are clearly inconsistent with these guidelines.
- Submitted manuscripts must describe original research or review not previously published and not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts must be written in American or British English, although papers may be submitted by authors from any country. For editors and reviewers to accurately assess the work presented in your manuscript you need to ensure the English language is of sufficient quality to be understood.
- Revised and submitted manuscripts must be accompanied by a report that includes a detailed point-by-point listing as to how each of the reviewers’ comments has been addressed and describes any other changes made to the manuscript.
- Authors are invited to upload a copy of the original manuscript marked with changes using Word with Track Changes, highlighting, or colored text to indicate changes and facilitate the evaluation of the revisions.